Evolve in relevant and measurable ways the principles of Montessori education for the benefit of the children of the 21st century.
Cultivate in every MSLF child a life-long love of learning.
Excellence in education
- We achieve excellence in education by inspiring children toward their full social and intellectual potential.
Respect for the child
- We respect each child and are committed to guiding each student on his or her own individual path to independence and intellectual development.
Self-development and self-knowledge
- We value learning in prepared environments as a way to promote natural curiosity, self-development, and self-knowledge.
Appreciation of the natural world
- We value the outdoor environment as a way to cultivate the child’s inborn appreciation of nature and human beings’ age-old role as stewards of the natural world.
Diversity and cooperation
- We value carefully balanced classrooms which provide diversity in age, background, and skill level as a way to teach cooperation, mutual respect, and peaceful resolution of conflicts – critical skills of effective citizens in a democratic society.
- We value the active involvement of family, faculty, and friends.